1) Use in constructing your own holding device for small parts/equipment
2) Small but very powerful: holds 2kg (5 pounds)
3) Steel ball rotates freely 360 on a 180 axis
4) M3 mounting screw on ball for attachment to equipment
5) Magnet base threaded (M3) for mounting onto a base or equipment
This novel magnetic joint has phenomenal holding power for up to 2kg of attached weight while permitting the ball a full 360 rotation on a 180 axis. You can freely orient your equipment to an infinite number of positions within this rotation. This is made possible by the combination of a steel ball (10mm diameter) and a powerful rare earth magnet contained in the magnet cylinder. Convenient M3 attachment sites are provided on both the ball (male) and the magnet base (female).
For use with micromanipulators for the positioning and holding of optical instruments including various lighting sources and lasers, pipettes and any small parts that would benefit from the flexibility offered by this magnetic joint.